Are UnPaid Internships Scams?
I saw lately few posts by some influential folks on Facebook & LinkedIn about-
Internships are scams these days.
Students are exploited in name of Internships.
Companies & Startups Don't pay Interns & make them do general work which no one wants to do.
And the list about this is on.
Where as students do these Internships in name of exposure & college & Companies boast about stats and placements & work exposure.
Now, My take towards this may pinch Few set of people but this is something I have seen by being at both sides of table.
And I don't believe in giving or receiving fake Sympathies.
1. Difference is there between Training & Internships.
2. Internships can be paid & unpaid as it depends on employers interest & your capabilities.
3. Students who want to avoid Internships since they find mostly unpaid, must check if their skills are relevant or good enough for companies they apply to. Else they can self build things & services by using Internet & do projects.
4. Example of great live projects (Helping small business solve their problem & convincing them for rev. Share).
A good project > An avg. internship.
5. Become a Freelancer (Live check of your Skills)
I am not saying to be exploited.
You can Either Rant or Find A Way!