Is It Fair for a Coworking Space to arbitrarily invoke or revoke the Force Majeure clause?
Today some of the members at 91springboard Turbhe received a communication from 91springboard team stating that the Force Majeure clause invoked by the company due to the Pandemic is over.
The members have a choice to restart their membership (pay for the office space) and in case we wish to discontinue then we will have to give one month's notice period or lose our Security Deposit.
Points to Ponder
1) The Pandemic is going on and it is suggested to not venture out until or unless necessary. Govt of India has come out with guidelines to extend Work From Home till 31-Dec-2020
2) Who gets to decide whether the Force Majeure clause in the agreement can be invoked or revoked
Here are a few Burning Questions?
1) If we or our team member falls sick due to pandemic, who will take care of the Medical Expenses.
2) During this grim Economic Circumstances is it fair for a business to hold its members at Ransom with a chance of losing Goodwill.
3) What is the legal remedy possible?
Feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions in the post for discussion.