When founders, c-suite executives or industry leaders reach out for personal branding, they've the following major questions:
- Should we solely focus on LinkedIn?
- What topics can we write on?
- How will the process start?
Here's how I answer their concerns:
- LinkedIn is undoubtedly the first platform we will start with.
However, as per your industry dimensions, we can even look at Quora or Reddit for positioning you as a thought leader. Sometimes, I even tell them how beneficial e-book can be.
- I always tell them to focus on multiple topics such as -
- Leadership & Management
- Latest industry and market trends
- Core expertise
- Marketing & Branding (since these are attributable to every industry).
- In the beginning, I do 1-2 brainstorming sessions to understand their insights and thought process.
Then, the profile revamping process begins because it is crucial to have a strong profile before creating content.
By the time our call ends, the founder or c-suite executive already has enough idea about the overall picture.